Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So...it's a Girl!


That's not the best news we got though... From my very first doctor appointment here they have told me that the baby is not growing properly. At first they said it was 3-4 weeks little and no heartbeat and go home and wait for bleeding since I was refusing their continued offer for an abortion. Even a couple months ago when I had an ultra sound they were concerned that she looked small..but everything else looked great! Last week, for the first time, we were told the baby is exactly the size she should be! I started crying and said "so she has caught up?" They said everything looks healthy and strong and showed me a graph of her in the dead center of the size she should be. This is our miracle.

Now about it being a girl. I have always said I never could have a girl. When Haven was born I went into freak out mode and tried to leave her at the hospital. When they told me the first time they thought this one was a girl I was sad for the loss of the boy I thought I was carrying (I have no mother's intuition) and then I was really excited to have another girl.

I can't believe we will now have 4 girls! That is a little scary. I think about when all the other kids are grown, we will have this girl with us by herself for 4 years! That excites me...I just hope we aren't too old by that time to enjoy her

1 comment:

  1. Tara, You look fantastic!! I am so thankful the baby is growing well. Pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete